Saturday, December 1, 2007

Joel Osteen

Another reason to be thankful for afflictions - we get to experience blessings that are meaningful to everyone involved...

That’s it – I am making a hair appointment first thing Monday morning! I look like an indigent here. Anyway, we had a blast. The whole thing was so “God” the way it happened, i.e. Amanda did not receive my email before she interviewed Joel... I had emailed asking if this one time, could I ‘use her celebrity status’ (in so many words) and her get me tickets to see Joel. She didn’t even know I wanted to go! She was talking with Joel’s brother-in-law and said she doesn’t know why but she started talking about me... She said she has a friend who wanted to go to the show but it was sold out. She said she doesn’t know why but she mentioned I have Cerebral Palsy and the guy said, “Do you know Joel’s sister was born with C.P.?” Ta-da...one thing led to another and he told Amanda he’d give her tickets and get us backstage *which Amanda did not tell me that part! I didn’t know until the very end when a lady came up to Amanda and started whispering. Amanda leaned over to me and said, “okay, Shelly... Get ready, you are going to meet Joel.” I looked at the girl beside me (who was with Amanda earlier) and she smiled, telling me it was all planned out. We had to casually walk up to the side because they didn’t want other people coming back. As we stood there while Joel walked off the stage, he shook a couple hands, then came to me and excitedly said, “Hi! Nice to meet you! Let’s go in the back so we can talk...” WHAT?? Even Amanda said she doesn’t know how he knew to come to me. Anyway, only a handful of non-staff went back with him and his family. (Amanda and I both love his mom... She’s adorable!) Victoria told me about her son’s iPhone (was so funny), then Joel talked with us a bit. Amanda (so cute) tried marketing me to him, saying how I inspire her and I am an artist and writer... Very humbling that she turned the attention to me. Joel told me to “Go For It!!” (writing career)... I said, “God talks to me all the time!” and Joel responded, “He has a lot to say!” I loved that response. Then (Amanda liked this part) Joel signed my book (rather HIS book) and asked how to spell my name, and I told him then asked him to put “to my best friend” which he did!

As Amanda said a few times through the night, “God REALLY loves you!” No doubt.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW I am so envious of you ! I love Joel Olsteen ! I agree with him go for the writting thing everything I have read that you've written has spoken to me in one way or another!
God has blessed you !
Christine
Jeremiah 29:11-14

Anonymous said...

Nоrmаlly I ԁon't learn post on blogs, however I would like to say that this write-up very pressured me to check out and do so! Your writing taste has been amazed me. Thanks, quite great article.
Also visit my homepage ... Terry Sawyer