Wednesday, December 5, 2007
Truths About Cerebral Palsy
1. C.P. is not contagious.
2. C.P. is brain damage caused most frequently before, during, or after birth.
3. The area of brain damage determines how person is affected.
4. Personally, I believe there is a high correlation between CP and Attention Deficit (not to mention other secondary conditions).
5. Secondary conditions are frequently overlooked and mistakingly attributed to CP.
6. While the brain damage does not worsen, the misuse of muscles from the brain damage speeds up aging affects for adults with CP.