Saturday, July 19, 2008

Not Having Steady Income... PRICELESS

God has taught me this is the best way to keep me on the right path, always being in a survival mode, aware of time passing and resources waning. This morning, I read how Jesus sighed when he healed the deaf man (Mark 7:31-37) because he knew the temptations the man would now face. My commentary states:

He sighed; not as if he found any difficulty in working this miracle, or obtaining power to do it from his father; but thus he expressed his pity for the miseries of human life, and his sympathy with the afflicted in their afflictions, as one that was himself touched with the feeling of their infirmities. And as to this man, he sighed, not because he was loth to do him this kindness, or did it with reluctancy; but because of the many temptations which he would be exposed to, and the sins he would be in danger of, the tongue-sins, after the restoring of his speech to him, which before he was free from. He had better be tongue-tied still, unless he have grace to keep his mouth as with a bridle.

I’ve always known God protects me with my cerebral palsy, keeps me out of trouble by keeping me at his side. I’m realizing He is doing the same thing in this ongoing season of financial uncertainty. This past month;
· I have watched my family and friends help me yet again even though I haven’t paid them back from last time, and the time before that.
· I can’t ‘waste my time and money’ since all I have must go into finding another income source.
· I can’t isolate because I need my friends to encourage and love me.
· I am motivated to reach out to others in need since I can empathize with them.
· I am so thankful for my healthcare now that I’ve been faced with the possibility of not having insurance.
· I see how true friends can handle much more than I ever gave them credit for.
· Since I have to save gas, I spend much more time reading Scripture, which is so soothing when I begin to worry about tomorrow.
· I realize, more than ever before, how rich I am with Jesus. From the bottom of my heart, I now know as long as I have Him, there is nothing I cannot go through. Heck, I am even open to the idea of getting a roommate now! I was even willing to move in with my parents!!! Because I watch how God provides what I need, even when he has to take things away to show me how rich I am… and that’s priceless.

No comments: