Monday, July 14, 2008

Road Warrior

I have a very important appointment this morning regarding my immediate future.
While things have miraculously been working out in my favor, I still wonder how present dilemmas will be resolved. Some would say it is wrong to question God and I should just have enough faith to trust Him. After all, He knows my needs, my resources, and my situation, so why even talk to him about it?

Because He wants us to talk to him about anything and everything. That is part of engaging in relationship with Him. The Bible says in Mark 6:30, “The apostles gathered around Jesus and reported to him all they had done and taught.” Jesus knew what they had done and taught – He’s omnipresent and all-knowing! Yet the disciples must have wanted to ‘debrief’ and share what had happened on their journey. I imagine Jesus engaged in the discussions, listening and reacting as if he knew nothing of what took place.

Whatever matters to us matters to God. Sure, he knows what happened and he knows what is about to happen, yet He enjoys our company. He will listen even though he knows how the story ends. And just as he understood when the disciples questioned how they could possibly feed 5,000 men with 5 loaves of bread and two fish, he understands when we question how the impossible will be possible.

Impossible dilemmas is where we see God work his miracles. It’s okay to question ‘how’ as long as we trust Him enough to go where we cannot see the end result. One step at a time, He will not only lead the way, but He will also be your traveling companion.

No comments: