Monday, July 7, 2008

Roof Top Friends

As I read Mark 2:1-12, where the paralytic man was brought to Jesus by his friends, I couldn’t help but personalize the story. My own friends carried me to Jesus when I was paralyzed with hopelessness and depression. They didn’t have to go through a roof like the 4 men in the passage, but they did have to work together to surmount obstacles in getting me to Jesus. When I could not find my way to Him, my priceless friends found a way for me. Having believers pray for me made all the difference in the world. When I stopped believing, Jesus saw their faith, which carried me through the darkness. At one point, I would cringe when people said “I’ll pray for you,” feeling like it was a cop out, a way to convince themselves they were helping. I underestimated the power of prayer.

I believe my friends are the reason I have hope again, and am connected more deeply with the Lord. Friends truly carried me out of the pit, into the lap of Jesus. Amazing friendships are one of the many blessings in following Christ. Their impact on my life has been “through the roof”.


Greater love has no one than this, that he lay his life down for his friends. - John 15:13
--

No comments: