Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Loyal or Stagnate?


Does loyalty equal stagnation?

A friend was telling me he has lived in the same apartment working for the same employer for 20 years! Another friend informed me she has just celebrated her 13 year anniversary at her company. No doubt about it, these people are loyal.

One of the main reasons I do not want to marry is I change so much from year to year, that the guy I liked 2 years ago is now completely ‘wrong’ for me. I don’t know… is there a way to keep your core self the same without ‘growing’ in new directions?

I am currently facing a change in probably the closest friendship I have ever had and it’s truly heartbreaking. I don’t want it to change, but life has a way of forcing change where we prefer consistency. Change equals growth. To grow, we must change. As for the friendship, I know time will heal the pain, and the closeness shared will one day be a fond memory… like Seminole. I still miss Seminole and think about him every single day, but it no longer interferes with my day-to-day experiences. I love him no less, yet Addy is so much like Seminole, it’s like Sem is still here. In a way, I guess he is.

Friendships come and go. We change, we grow, we replace… we move on.

1 comment:

a.helms said...

Change can be a wonderful adventure depending on what you make of it. It will be hard at times but I have finally found it to be a wonderful thing.