Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Power


The dreaded hurricane season is ‘full blown’ once again. The ‘hunkering down’ and not leaving the house never bothers me; it’s the losing power that I hate! We Americans truly take so much for granted, including power. Even if the power has been out for days, I still absent-mindedly turn on a light switch, hair dryer, and coffee maker only to remember – no power! When power is restored, ohhhh – everything is cool, convenient, and comfy again. Power trucks were like angels from heaven when they’d be in front of the house. But like everything else, we grow accustom to having power and forget what a treasure it is.

This morning, I read about the power of the Holy Spirit, which comes upon all who accepts Christ as their Savior. My Bible says Power from the Holy Spirit is not limited to strength beyond the ordinary – that power also includes courage, boldness, confidence, insight, ability, and authority. I don’t know about you but I need to be more purposeful in drawing on that Power. I confess that I have grown accustom to having His Power and forget what a treasure it is. Remember, the best way to shine a light in the world is to turn on His Power.

No comments: