Saturday, September 6, 2008

Relationships


Peace, love, understanding, mercy, forgiveness, sacrifice, humility – the Bible is all about Relationships. God the Father, Spirit, and Son is a relationship. Loving one another is a requisite thread from Genesis to Revelation.

Relationships are what keep us together – on many levels, both individually and holistically. Money and possessions cannot, WILL NOT, satisfy like friendships.

How funny – I know all this plus my education/training/career is in counseling – relationships, yet this is an area in which I just can’t get it right. The past is a powerful factor in perspectives and purpose. And the primary cause for failed relationships is pride.

No one will ever get close enough to hurt me again!
I don’t need anyone! I’ll show them!
Leave me alone. I don’t want to be with people.
I’m a loner. I’m an introvert.


What if Jesus had such an attitude? What if Jesus put up walls so no one would ever hurt him? What if the Father did not send His Son for our redemption? What if Jesus did not send the Spirit to be with us?

Relationships – Heaven wouldn’t be home without them.

No comments: