Sunday, November 2, 2008

Excuse Me

Every excuse I come up with for not believing, God reminds me of His Truth:

1. God isn’t telling me to do that… I was raised NOT to believe in anointing of oil
-I know Him in an intimate way today, unlike my earlier years when I had legalistic view of Him.
2. I cannot remove this idol… I think about it all the time.
- Correct; I cannot remove this idol, but I can ask God to purify my thoughts and rid my mind of all that is not of Him.
3. I tried that many times… it never lasts despite my good intentions.
-The enemy is not going to give me a respite; rather, he pounces when I let my guard down. My willpower never lasts, but His mercies and love remain forever.
4. On a practical level, I cannot participate in the service because I am still coughing & will disrupt congregants; I may fall on my way to the altar; I can’t do communion by myself; I don’t know if I believed in what is practiced; This idol is distracting me from Jesus…
As a friend reminded me earlier, nothing about Jesus is practical.

It’s all about Jesus… not pride, finances, relatives, idols… JESUS. Lay it all on the cross – give it to Him, and don’t look back.

“If you falter in times of trouble, how small is your strength!” – Proverbs 24:10

--
Shelly Weiss

No comments: