Saturday, November 1, 2008

Nanowrimo Day #1

4:39am

I've been up for a couple hours researching names for my main characters. Think I have 'em: Mary, Sarai, and Eliab. This is my first attempt at Christian fiction and the premise of the story is the contrast of who Jesus is in an individual's life. The idea is literally unfolding minute by minute. I just pray I use my God-given skills and talents to glorify Him through my writing.

I found the following writer's prayer excerpt in an interview with Kurt Vonnegut:
It was written by Samuel Johnson on April 3, 1753, the day on which he signed a contract which required him to write the first complete dictionary of the English language. He was praying for himself. Perhaps April third should be celebrated as "Writers' Day." Anyway, this is the prayer: "O God, who hast hitherto supported me, enable me to proceed in this labor, and in the whole task of my present state; that when I shall render up, at the last day, an account of the talent committed to me, I may receive pardon, for the sake of Jesus Chris. Amen.


Back to the book!

1 comment:

R.L.Scovens said...

What were you doing up at 4:39am?!LOL