Sunday, December 28, 2008

BFF


God is amazing… can I just say that? He has taught me so much this year. I cannot believe I did not get depressed this Christmas. In fact, one of my life long goals that I made 12 years ago was ‘Not be depressed on Christmas”. I can check that off!

You see, I have learned we ALL have limits. Some are understandable, many are not, and the key to socializing is to identify people’s individual limits, i.e. what they can and cannot handle, and respect them.
. But I understand now. I understand we all have reasons for why we do what we do.

You know the best part of the day? I realized even more clearly Jesus is the only One who doesn’t have limits… who won’t delete me from Facebook or refuse to listen to how wonderful my Christmas Eve is. Bryn is one of MANY friends I love and am so thankful for… yet Jesus is my best friend. Truly my BFF.

Bryn is one of my best friends in the world. I cannot express how much I love her, because she accepts me and loves me despite my faults. Knowing I can be honest with her eases the pressure. I told her how I did not want to talk at the hospital (to the other carolers) and she understood. I just wanted to reflect on each family, and pray for every baby, and talk to Jesus about them. With one child, I left the room and started crying (not weeping) and a few people told me not to cry. That bothered me. A guy informed me I needed to be strong… In my mind, being ‘strong’ means empathizing and identifying and feeling the pain of the family. Any robot can go from room to room, smiling “Merry Christmas!”

I digress.

The day had it’s sorrows... but I understand now. I understand we all have reasons for why we do what we do.

You know the best part of the day? I realized even more clearly Jesus is the only One who doesn’t have limits… who won’t delete me from Facebook or refuse to listen to how wonderful my Christmas Eve is. Bryn is one of MANY friends I love and am so thankful for… yet Jesus is my best friend. Truly my BFF.

No comments: