Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Crisis Over

You know the verse about delight in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart? I am living it. Six months ago, I wanted nothing to do with counseling and have regretted investing in becoming a licensed therapist.

Monday, I was forced to make a crucial decision about my future. One phone call turned everything upside down. Truly, I was freaking out. Fortunately, Connie met me on the spur of the moment when I emailed her, and 60 minutes later, my peace returned. Brainstorming and heart-sharing with her clarified the current desires of my heart. Now, I had been offered 2 alternatives to living on the streets, and while I was desperate for anything, I knew God had something better for me, so I declined.

Since I declared my desire to go back into counseling clients, my interest in psychology and human nature has greatly increased, while feelings of depression decreased… significantly. I am actually productive again. I am falling asleep without popping sleeping pills. I have peace beyond understanding.

This is major since the past 17 years, I have been in a deep depression during the holidays. Not now. In fact, Bryn invited me to come over on Christmas, and I accepted!! (I know!!!)

Since then, my landlord graciously reduced my rent $150 PER MONTH!!! and continues to work with me – meaning I don’t have to move 12/31. It’s still gonna be tough, but I am no longer in crisis mode. God is good… all the time

No comments: