Saturday, December 13, 2008

Green Grass

It's very cold in Florida this morning. I am much more sensitive to how the homeless survive since technically, I could be one of them in 18 days. Last night, I hardly got any sleep, wondering how much longer the cats and I would have a warm bed. It truly is a shame we don't realize the blessings we have until it is too late.

To get my mind off reality, I met a friend whom I have not seen in over ten years. We were best friends in middle school. Now she is a stay at home mom, married to a very wealthy man. The diamond on her hand is bigger than my pinky finger knuckle. She is probably a size 5, if not 3... one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen. I had a great time chatting with her, rekindling our special friendship, yet when we parted, jealousy and bitterness set in. I know the grass is always greener, still, her life truly seemed perfect.

As I type this inside my heated home, sweatpants, warm socks, 120 degree cup of coffee, I pray I can learn to be content in any situation. A few weeks from now, I may be willing to do anything to go back to my current situation. Who knows...

Words from a wise friend:
First of all, I'm sorry how things worked out with your mom and dad. I know their response had to be difficult to hear, but thankfully when our (your) desire is to be in God's will He will go as far as to prevent us (you) from taking a path that would not be in our (your) best interest and He can even use your mother to accomplish that. He truly is a good God, all the time!!!

No comments: