Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Back to BSF

It was wonderful to be back at BSF yesterday. I cannot tell you how much I love that group! It’s amazing to be part of such a large group of women who think, feel, and believe as I do, wanting nothing more than to glorify Christ with their life. Yesterday, I learned the importance of praying to God for who He is, focusing on His attributes, not my request or what He can do or not do. I want to know Him more. As Moses asked the Lord, I want Him to show me His glory, and I want to spend so much time with Him that others can see Christ in me.

I want to share something – you probably had to be there – but my friend and I giggled for 10 minutes about this, 10 minutes during the lecture, mind you, meaning I had to keep holding my breath so I didn’t burst out laughing out loud…

BSF Lecturer: Are you thinking about leaving your spouse because you’re in an unhappy marriage? Christ never abandoned anyone!
Lady in front of me: Uh Oh!

It was just so cute to hear someone else being spoken to… I was spoken to repeatedly and had to keep biting my tongue, so it was refreshing to hear someone else being convicted. See- guess you had to be there.

No comments: