Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Natural Light


I am realizing how God is transforming me, making me trust completely in Him… and my seemingly ongoing troubles have turned into stepping stones to blessings. “Now don’t worry, I’m going to be fine” is a comment I regularly use when/if I disclose to others. I had to call my BSF leader to tell her I wouldn’t be at class today due to possibly having my car insurance canceled. I admit, that was embarrassing, yet I want my group to be praying for me.

A friend brought me cat food, kitty litter, and mailed my books yesterday for which I am so thankful. She asked about my electricity being shut off… I told her since I have faced possible homelessness and leaving all my friends to live on my parent’s property, losing my electricity is nothing!!! When I asked if she was worried about me, she said, “I never worry about you… you always come out on top.”

YES! YES! YES! I believe that is a big part of God’s purpose for my life – to use hardships to glorify Him. I cannot say this enough: if I didn’t have my relationship with Jesus, I would be in the State Mental Hospital. But with Jesus in my heart, I have a constant, unexplainable peace that cannot be shaken, After all, who needs electricity when the Light of Jesus illuminates my path?

No comments: