Friday, February 6, 2009

Perfect

Sometimes just surviving certain tasks without falling apart is our best and in those times God is not ashamed of our performance. He is proud of us for fighting overwhelming human emotions to do His will. God isn’t interested in our stellar performance but in our hearts. He loves our willingness and obedience despite our insecurities. – Beth Moore

Reading these words was just what I needed this morning.
The past few years, all the hard work I put into my career dwindled. I stopped speaking, committee-ing, and participating in the community. I don’t want to ‘go out’ like this. Michele convinced me that even though I am feeling like a failure, surviving the past year has made me a success.

Now I am paralyzed with not sending my writing to publishers for emotional reasons. It took everything I had to send one Dillon query Wednesday, only to have the publisher email within 5 minutes, “we don’t publish children’s books”. That simple statement discouraged me. I need to get use to being rejected, get over my fear of not being self-sufficient with freelance writing, and just send out queries. It’s all in God’s hands anyway. Perhaps me not sending my writing shows not only a personal insecurity, but an insecurity in Him.

He created me, and I know He gave me my life, background in counseling, and gifts with words to glorify him.

What gives us the idea we need to be perfect, when He is the only Perfect One? The good news is when we believe in Him, he gives us the power and strength to achieve His purpose for our life.

No comments: