Sunday, February 8, 2009

Poem - Hours Ahead

nor did we eat anyone's food without paying for it. On the contrary, we worked night and day, laboring and toiling so that we would not be a burden to any of you. 2 Thess. 3:8

Another day, full of chances.
Time for work, time for dances.
Hours to use, hours to waste.
Invest them wisely? Or spend in haste.
Invest in tomorrow, what ‘could be’s’ ahead.
Don’t be a victim, take control instead.
sweiss

51 days until State licensure expires
20 days until rent is due
18 days until email & web site cancelled
16 days until electric shut off
approx. 4 days of gas left

I am convinced I should take no more ‘handouts’, rather, I need to work for money like everyone else. Stay tuned for opportunities to purchase Dillon and Friends. Falling Up (devotional), and Years of Poetry books. I may have to take orders, have books printed, then distribute… but I am not going to sit back in fear and panic. Perhaps my insomnia is for me to work around the clock, pull up my boot straps, and get out of this situation, once and for all.

2 comments:

Tim McGhee said...

There's a difference between finding a job, and finding work.

Sometimes convincing yourself what you have to offer is worth what others want to pay can be challenging (and that goes for when it's higher or lower than what we think).

Tim
11,572 days

Shelly said...

Wow. Think you hit the nail on the head, Tim. Thanks for your wisdom.