Saturday, September 5, 2009

Isaiah 50:4

The TV was taken out of my bedroom. Books are going back in my writing room. And the shades have opened.

These are clear signs I am out of my most recent depression. The blinders of despair and anhedonia have been removed and sunshine basks on the tiled floor.

I can’t look away from God, though. I can’t look at my social commitments, nor can I dwell on the empty planner pages of the past 14 months.

One day at a time. Holding on to His hand as he leads me to better pastures. As we set out for a new territory, he gives me a desire to share through my writing, an instructed tongue to teach. No longer is He carrying me, yet forever he is leading me.

The Sovereign LORD has given me an instructed tongue, to know the word that sustains the weary. He wakens me morning by morning, wakens my ear to listen like one being taught. Isaiah 50:4

No comments: