Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Writing... Again

A reader named, Lisa, just posted a comment on my last post saying Jesus is the only one who can be there the way we need Him... I knew I had to post the blog I wrote yesterday. I hesitated because it isn't as well written as I would like... but Lisa's words convinced me to jump back in to blogging... here we go:
--
After taking a break from writing this past year, God is showing me I am in a new season. My depression is under control and every area in my life is arranged for me to jump into full time writing.

I’ve learned some great lessons, some of which I am only realizing after coming out of the darkness and living in the light again. Depression can really distort your perspective. Let me share just a few realizations:

Jesus is the only one who truly can carry you through the storm.
I didn’t know what I needed, so how could I expect others to know? When too many people heard lies and rumors from a devious person, I told everyone to leave me alone. Everyone did, then I was upset no one checked on me!
Realizations:
a. Don’t generalize all people based on the actions of individuals who are more interested in drama/gossip/feeling superior to you.
b. Jesus is always there for you. He will listen to you, comfort you, speak to you, and even make you laugh. You’re not in this alone – He wants to go through it with you.
c. Jesus has experienced sadness, disappointment, rejection, agony… so He not only understands the pain you feel, He chose to experience the torment and devastation for you.
d. Sometimes, in fact, most of the time, you have to let go and start a new chapter. For me, many of my actions and words were prescription drug induced. It took awhile for my body to adjust to medication changes, and now I have little or no recollection of what took place. Therefore, how can I hold a grudge against people?
e. Thankfully, God’s mercies are new every morning. And since Christians are called to be Christ-like, well… what does that tell you?

No comments: