Thursday, October 1, 2009

What Problem?

If I wasn’t the main character of the Shelly Weiss Life Story, I’d believe it was fiction. I’d think the author added drama here and there to make the story entertaining. Actually, I wish that was the case, but it’s all true.

Last night, I was absolutely devastated to be told by an integral person in my life that s/he wished I had died at birth because I am less than ‘bright’ and have a miserable life. Hearing her/his confession had me literally kneeling at the toilet, barfing up my dinner. I ended up reaching out to Twyla, who had me laughing within 30 minutes. (proving I am wrong about believing no one is there for me).

Still, I thought I would be unable to sleep/write/stop crying for days…

Again, I was proven wrong. I am actually in a good mood this morning and keep forgetting what took place last night. Instead of analyzing the conversation, I went right to my Bible, reading Psalm 10:14b, 16-18:
he victim commits himself to you; you are the helper of the fatherless. You hear, O Lord, the desire of the afflicted; you encourage them, and you listen to their cry, defending the fatherless and the oppressed in order that man, who is of the earth, may terrify no more.

Hallelujah! God’s got us. The saved are on His side, and though the battle is fierce, He not only defends us, He has promised to win the battle so that the enemy may terrify us no more! By believing God’s promises and living in full reliance on Him, our momentary problems become a far off memory… even if they happened just last night,

Finally, these words from Inner State 80 beautifully elaborate on a life of faith:
Pastor Joel Hunter writes,
Genuine faith consists in building one's life upon the Lord Jesus Christ. It involves placing one's trust in the salvation that He won, and then acting on that trust in the way we live each day of our lives...

But until we depend on Him to hold us up, until we lean on Him to the point that if He lets us go, we will fall, until we base our entire lives upon the promises He has made, all our beliefs that He is trustworthy are nothing more than guesses.

No comments: