Monday, January 31, 2011

Steadfast Loyalty to God

This morning, I was led to 1 Peter 5:10 - “And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm, and steadfast.“

Hmmm. God will himself make me steadfast… I like that.

I went to the beginning of the chapter to get the proper perspective… in order for God to make me steadfast, I must humble myself, give him my anxieties, be self-controlled and alert to resist the devil (isn’t that part of being steadfast??) and stand firm in the faith.
Wow, considering the issue I am struggling with most right now, I don’t know if I can do all that!

I began thinking of why I couldn’t do what Peter advises and how my situation is unlike other’s. Yesterday in an email exchange, I asked my dear friend if he thought it was ‘‘normal“ to be so polarized in one’s level of obedience, depending on surroundings. (I am so ready to fully follow God’s leading when I have my Morning Quiet Time… but 2 hours in ‘the world‘ my good intentions go to… well, you know.)

My friend didn’t answer that question last night, but God did this morning as I finished reading the passage: Resist him (satan), standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings.


Do you have trouble obeying God in certain areas of your life? Please share.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

brinkka2011 says: What I wouldnt give to have a debate with you about this. You just say so many things that come from nowhere that Im pretty sure Id have a fair shot. Your blog is terrific visually, I mean people wont be bored. But others who can see past the videos and the layout wont be so impressed with your generic understanding of this subject.

Shelly said...

I love a challenge... please, share your thoughts...