Sunday, February 6, 2011

Comfort

3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, 4who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. - 2 Corinthians 1:3,4


Writing about personal experiences is indeed risky, scary, and yet powerful. Anything worthwhile will be risky, scary, and powerful. As I consider the main thing that is sustaining me through this season in the desert, I am humbled to realize it is the very thing I feel God calling me to share with the oppressed and afflicted: His Word. No matter how depressed or tired I get, He has never failed to provide me with words of encouragement. When I sit down at the keyboard, His words flow through me like a spring from my heart… He is calling me to use His words to water gardens besides my own. Those in darkness that need His Light, and those in a sun-scorched land which need living water from the fountain of life.


Don't let your trials be in vain- use them to comfort others. Listen to people with the compassion Christ shares with you.



1 comment:

Jennifer said...

It is hard to share those things with others because it's worrisome how they might view you, or use it against you at later. I pray when I do share that God will protect me and use what I share to help others. It is a part of having that kind of faith that you just can't point to in the Bible. It is just there, in your heart and soul...the Holy Spirit within us.