Saturday, August 20, 2011

Living the Life

I woke up to Def Leppard's Rock of Ages on Tv, Addy on one side of me, Jireh sleeping on the other. Peaceful, calm environment...the nicest place I've lived. Thinking about the day ahead...a 2-3 hour car ride with my friend who shares my interests (FSU grad, golden retriever lover, God's girl, child of the 80's...), playing with our dogs on a gorgeous beach where dolphins swim by, then the drive home where we will laugh about the fun we had...our dogs sleeping from exhaustion...

Then, church tomorrow where I am sure God will give me a profound message... I'll meet some new friends....

Then, Wednesday, I begin helping in the 'ministry helping people who feel hopeless' as I start the 42nd year of my life, ending the day with my favorite home cooked meal at Jennifer's...

God is truly good. I am living the life of my childhood dreams... I never thought I would be happy again, and I am authentically happy.

Martina McBride's song, "Anyway" says it all:
"God is great, but sometimes life ain't good. And when I pray, it doesn't always turn out like I think it should. But I do it anyway..."

Do it anyway.    

1 comment:

Sherry said...

So proud of you! And happy that you are happy!!