Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Peace Out


Peace is seriously underrated. Addictions result from the inability to effectively manage discontent, anxiety, and pain. One of my biggest regrets is the time I wasted being paralyzed by anxiety and depression. Now don’t get me wrong, I believe some people with mental illness truly are paralyzed by their disorders. And we all have different levels of resiliency. Never will I claim the ‘lack of faith’ is the sole reason for anxiety, that one should ‘pray’ or ‘just trust God’ and all will be peaceful again. It’s not that easy.

However, I do believe true peace must include a loving relationship with God. How could a nonbeliever be at peace in such a crazy, uncertain world? Knowing God, trusting God is in control helps us release our need to constantly be on guard. No matter what life brings, we can find peace when we feel ‘right’ with God. Isaiah tells us even though God knows our ways, he will guide and comfort the righteous, yet there is no peace for the wicked. I don’t know about you, but I’d rather be ‘right’ with God than have a problem-free, easy life.

Peace out.
Isaiah 57:18 I have seen his ways, but I will heal him;
I will guide him and restore comfort to him,
 19 creating praise on the lips of the mourners in Israel.
Peace, peace, to those far and near,”
says the Lord. “And I will heal them.”
 20 But the wicked are like the tossing sea,
which cannot rest,
whose waves cast up mire and mud.
 21 “There is no peace,” says my God, “for the wicked.”
  

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Peace....that is what God has shown me. He's been showing me for a long time, the problem was, I was not seeing it because I was looking for what I wanted. I had a friendship which has been deteriorating for a few years. I kept asking God to reveal the truth about her to the those around us thinking this is what was right. Yesterday it all came to an end when she made it very clear, although nonverbally, that our "friendship" was over. It took a lot of praying and listening to realize, all this time, God has been answering my prayers. He has been revealing the truth to ME all this time about her. I am at peace now. I can let the relationship go and know God has me covered. You are right, it's not easy to just "pray" and "trust in God", but when we do, peace is through Him!