Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Hermitting

Ah, the life of a hermit. I signed up for 3 bible studies, 2 volunteer projects, and am going through the process of transferring my membership to a new church. Exhausting! I get flu-like aches and irritability when flooded with social commitments. That's how I was Sunday morning when I called Sherry, pouting "I don't want to go!". She asked why I signed up for so much and I explained I am trying to make new friends. She reasoned with me that if I didn't like the classes, I didn't have to go back. Then she added, "Oh, and Shelly? I am very proud of you for trying". I needed to hear that. I needed to know someone recognizes how hard it is for me to socialize. 

I guess that's one reason not to be a hermit- you have friends to cheer you on.  

No comments: