Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Praying for a Boyfriend

I've started praying for a boyfriend. I'm 42 years old and am just NOW wanting a boyfriend. For the most part, I am content on my own. But seeing how 2 of my friends have supported me these past months, I realize how comforting it is having someone there for me. Both friends have families, spouses, lives, so I try not to ask for much since they have their own priorities. If I had a boyfriend, perhaps I would be someone's priority. I wouldn't be easily disposable. 

He would need to have experienced major clinical paralyzingly depression so we could relate to one another. I use to think it was frustrating being friends with someone who has never had depression. I realize now it is even more frustrating befriending someone with depression who speaks of the desire to die one day, and the next day claims s/he is fine because work keeps them busy, or the depression lifted after a swim with the kids.  

That is not the kind of depression I experience. Is there a nice guy out there who could understand and relate to my depression? Can he please come into my life, preferably before the holidays, so I don't feel so alone?

I am praying...

No comments: