Sunday, November 27, 2011

Day to Rest

This is going to be a stay home (even from church) and rest day. Somehow, my new friend, Stacy, and I became the Social Coordinators for the Single Women’s Bible Study at church. After my stressful night Friday, my toilet overflowed yesterday morning. Yes, I have maintenance men, which would be nice if they would just FIX the problem, and not talk to me for 30 minutes. I'd rather fix it myself. However, I have no money- none – I made the mistake of buying card materials for people who ordered cards and told them they could pay me later. NOW THEY DON’T WANT THE CARDS and I have to wait until Friday (when I get my check) to pay to mail the cards for the people who ordered and PAID for them.

Anyway, the last thing I wanted to do was go be social yesterday morning. I don’t know these ladies too well, so I planned to filter what I said (i.e. no discussing depression, family, etc.). The ladies were WONDERFUL! We did discuss my family abandoning me, and my depression, and they shared their own stories. I was even laughing as one of them went home to get her toilet plunger for me to borrow! Wasn’t that considerate? I told her I’d carry it back to her in the sanctuary at church! Can you imagine?

Anyway, the other lady ordered six cards from me and prepaid so at least I have a little cash… and I don’t have to buy a plunger.

This blog will go back to Biblical application entries once the holidays are over. Right now, I feel it’s important to educate people on all aspects of depression… from the good days, to the really crappy days (no pun intended). I pray it will being humor and comfort to the depressed and those who love them.

No comments: