Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Frontal Lobe

Yes, I am cheating - using an email as a blog... Brain stuff fascinates me, so I thought I'd share this with my readers:

Damage to my frontal lobe is why I have difficulty with "movement" (I'm jerky instead of smooth), talking, and executing plans... I have ideas, but don't initiate. That is your neurological lesson for today. I had a blood clot on my frontal lobe at birth from the pressure of my head against the birth canal. 

http://www.ruf.rice.edu/~lngbrain/cglidden/frontal.html

Attention Deficit affects the frontal lobe too, which is why I believe people with CP have ADD more than people without CP. 

I LOVE neurology!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Thanks for the schooling. Very interesting and complicated, the brain!

Kim Howard said...

It obviously doesn't affect intellect!