Thursday, December 29, 2011

Becoming Me

Bought a 2012 calendar, thinking next year will be the year I become more of myself and less of a conformist. There are many passions I neglect for the sake of going with the crowd. Since I’ve intentionally sought out new friends (and found some definite keepers!), I realize how much I have settled. I’m not settling anymore. There is a whole world out there. I’m thinking of plastering photos of my passions around my loft so I keep the image in my mind daily… the image of how I want my life to be.


Strangely, Stacy emailed, asking if I’d like to get together and plan/pray over each other’s New Year’s Resolutions… I LOVE that idea! I would rather do things like that (meet at a coffee shop while each of us work on our own project, go to a poetry reading, READ at a poetry reading, listen to local music at a coffee house *I love coffee*, go to an art exhibit, boating, anything by the sea…) then see a movie, go shopping, etc.

I challenge you to be more of yourself in 2012. My dilemma, however, is how do I not offend friends when I turn down offers repeatedly? I’m all into compromising, yet I know not many people find pleasure in what I do… I know there are some out there, and I am determined to find more friends who share my interests… yet how do I find balance in my writing (determined to view writing as a job – 40 hours per week – to get back on my feet), others interests, and my own interests?

 You want a world full of love? Well then, treat one's life like one's day and before you set out, be sure to dump everything others have told you about who you should be and how you should feel, flush it all away. Deception does not begin with others, it begins with ourselves. Give up the pride that holds it in and let it go. You'll feel much, much better.- from Existentialist Wall on Facebook 

No comments: