Friday, December 2, 2011

Happy Birthday, Addy!

Today is Addy’s birthday! My kitty is four years old, and we’re celebrating by sending Jireh to Jennifer’s for a puppy sleepover while Addy eats her favorite meal and we play with her favorite toys. Addy has been an incredible companion for me.

Well, I wish I could stop whining but I am determined to be honest with this holiday depression… I stayed in bed all day yesterday. With no TV, I stared into space, unable to do anything meaningful. My sweet friend, Karen, tried to get me out last night… was sooo understanding, willing to just come over or do whatever… I just couldn’t. I wanted to at LEAST take Jireh to a dog park but I ached all over and my Crohns disease is acting up.

People don’t realize that depression has physical symptoms as well, so I found a great article on the effects and posted it below (yesterday’s blog).

So no profound theological revelation again. I am just trying to make it to January 2nd, one day at a time. I have to mail my handmade cards out today, take Jireh to the vet, do laundry, and am suppose to go for soup with ladies from church tonight. All of this seems literally impossible when most people could accomplish this in a couple of hours. Thank goodness, Jennifer will be over to help me… not just physically, but she will make me laugh. She always makes me laugh. She’s become almost like a caretaker and I hate being such a burden to her…she always says Jesus gives her the ability to help me. There’s no doubt about that because I don’t know how she does it. I’ll try to blog right after we get together today as I will likely be in a good mood.

Until then, I will also try to get out of my self-pity mode.

No comments: