Sunday, February 12, 2012

Drugs...

I feel a great blog coming on... until then, here are some of my feelings shared on Facebook:
Someone was bashing Whitney Houston, saying she shouldn't be a hero because of her drug problem:

The fact that she continued to fight her addictions make her heroic to me. Hurting people turn to drugs, then they have a whole new "hurt".

*Then some comic relief*-
I was venting to Jennifer, how I get so sick of people focusing on drug abuse (Whitney Houston) making the person seem horrible because they used drugs...
Me- Drugs are bad, but sometimes people turn to drugs because they are in so much pain...
Jen- I agree. Are people saying she died from drugs?
I started yelling at Jireh for chewing on bedding- "Don't do that!!!!"
Jen yelled at me-"I'm only asking a question!!! Don't yell ay me!"
I yelled back- "I'm yelling at Jireh, not you!"
We both cracked up.


Finally:
Sorry, I thought you were saying if someone was a drug addict, they can't be admired. First, just because someone uses drugs, they doesn't mean they're an addict. Second, Whitney may have had "public actions to discredit her", but was she under the influence of drugs? Come to my house at 9pm, and my actions will discredit me after I've taken my anxiety medication. Give me a week WITHOUT medication and my actions will discredit me as I will be irritable, aggressive, and volatile. I respect your opinion, yet I see it this way - some people cope with pain by eating, thus, become overweight. I know drugs are much more serious and am not promoting drug abuse at all. But I don't look down on heavy people because food is their coping mechanism, and I DEFINITELY wouldn't define THE ENTIRE PERSON by one quality.

***More to come...

No comments: