Wednesday, February 8, 2012

God's Gifts

The discussion of freewill offerings is being covered in one of my Bible Studies. I don't have much to give God... rather, I have nothing to give Him because everything in my possession belongs to Him. The gifts He gives are to be used to share with others, freely, without obligation or guilt. 

For me, I don't think it's obligation that prompts me to give. More out of gratitude and love for Jesus. First, I aspire to be like Jesus. Jesus gave and loved. I desire to do the same. Second, I want people to see Jesus in me - I've had so many good people pour into my life out of their love for Christ, I want to do the same for others. And finally, God gives to us so we give to others. He blesses others through our gifts. 

My writing is definitely a gift from God that, shamefully, I don't share as I should. Recently, I realized I have a fear of success or fear I will be told writing isn't as good as I think. I'm also realizing my writing is not "my writing", but God's writing. 

Who am I to doubt the quality of God's gift? Since when did I allow man's opinion dictate how I use God's gift? And what happen to faith?

I'll keep pondering, and write any revelations. 

No comments: