Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Forget the Former Things...


It has been a week since I started my new medication. Let's just say I am putting more faith in God's Word - Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Isaiah 43:18-19

Forgetting the former things is easier said than done. Yet, it is also positive aspiration to have. The people, places, events in your life were there during a season for a reason. Some people, few people, stay. The others leave for various reasons. Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past… Learn from the past. Do things differently to prevent repeating the same painful mistakes. But don’t dwell on the past.

I know it’s not easy. My heart is still aching unlike ever before. I feel like there is a tumor in my entire chest cavity. I have to fight memories of recent times in effort to avoid pain, bitterness, anger, depression and anxiety. I am only surviving by the promise in the verse – He is doing a new thing! Oh, I hope He hurries…

No comments: