Monday, August 6, 2012

Sleep!


I want to just SLEEP today… not sure why. I’m not terribly depressed and I have a number of freelance pieces which I believe I can sell to magazines. Money is needed! I am ‘free’ until Wednesday morning when I have to go to work at church so I planned to sleep today, and write tomorrow. But Jireh has stomach problems so we have been going outside periodically.

I have a confession – I sleep to ‘escape’ life… some drink, some shop, I sleep. I have discovered if I pray and talk to God and remain totally still, remembering His promises from the Bible, I can fall asleep. It takes a lot of focus and willpower, but it usually works. So I sleep too much (trying to save gas money, not go anywhere, etc) and have energy to do what I need to do.

I know it’s not good. I keep telling myself I need to stop. Tomorrow I will stop, and tomorrow’s keep rolling by. Sleeping also prevents me from being lonely. Sleeping is my friend. Okay, so Jireh is sleeping and I am ending this entry in hopes I can sleep a couple hours to escape… THEN I will get to work.


No comments: