Friday, February 6, 2015

10 Things Not to Say to a Depressed Person | World of Psychology

10 Things Not to Say to a Depressed Person | World of Psychology

Important Reminder... just when I believe people truly get it, I am told, "Don't be ignorant... you can do whatever you set your mind to..."

I have learned it is best for me to avoid social interactions when I am seeking peace and productivity. The majority of my daily influences are negative. Finally, finally, after a lifetime of feeling pressured to talk about my feelings, get some fresh air, help others, (or any of the other suggestions given to people with depression), I have let go of the guilt and allowed myself to take care of me.

After avoiding negative influences yesterday, spending my day in bed, meditating on Scripture and calling the name of "Jesus", I woke up today recharged... and ready to write. 

2 comments:

Rob Alexander said...

Let the words flow!! Disconnect to reconnect...

Believeingrace.blogger.com said...

Love that, Rob! Like powering off a computer to start fresh. Reboot!