*Book is full Existentialism *Written by Solomon, son of David
Summary of Chapter 1
- Death makes fleshly life meaningless
- We are never completely satisfied, thus, repeat previous efforts.
- We constantly start over, like the rising of the sun.
- Generations come and go, but the earth remains.
- Life is like chasing after the wind.
- Life is tiring, but Jesus makes it bearable. (Matt. 11:28-30)
- Prove the writer wrong by leaving a legacy.
- Just as the sea is never full, we are never full.
- Key Memory Verse: 1: 18- For with much wisdom comes much sorrow; the more knowledge, the more grief.