Sunday, June 7, 2015

Unconditional Love

They need me. Giving up is not an option. Fighting for them is all I can do energy wise. When I cannot take care of myself, I must relentlessly take care of Addy and Jireh. Though I feel unbearable weight crushing my entire being, I must take care of them. I cannot let them down. They love me, trust me, enjoy me. I don't get a day off from being their mom. I am literally always there for them - in sickness and health. Their's and mine. Never will I leave them. Never will I allow anyone to hurt them. You have to go through me to get to them. Hurting them with a vaccination - I know is for their good. I will allow that. Fencing them from a viscous enemy, I will "hem them in" for their protection. I will prevent them from eating poisonous foods, no matter how tempted they are to follow their desire to taste. Despite their curiosity, I will not let them wander out of my sight because I know the evil and harm that is out there. They can get angry at my restrictions. They can try to test my resolve. But they will not win, because I am their mother who would do anything for their well-being. I want only the best for them.

With me, they will never hunger.
With me, they will never be homeless.
With me, they will always be protected.
With me, they will always be loved.

They are my children.

We are God's children. Imagine how He cares for us.

No comments: