Sunday, October 25, 2015

Faith and Football

I'm wondering how Jesus sees us Christians who cause people to turn from Him. I'm in no way comparing Jesus to FSU. But I do see how life applies to my faith. FSU finally lost a football game, and you can feel it in the air. I woke up feeling like someone died. I love my Seminoles, and I get angry when people who didn't go to the school who beat us bad mouth us. If you went to Georgia Tech, congratulations. Otherwise, don't tease me about our loss. It reminds me of non invested people gloat when a Christian falls. They tend to mock Christianity, accusing the Body of Christ as hypocrisy. That's not cool. But when your heart is rooted in Someone, words hurt, yet with the Spirit's power, you pray and love the naysayers. After all, Jesus wins the Ultimate Championship, and I'm on His team.

No comments: