Monday, February 12, 2018

Crohn's Disease Stinks

Crohn's Disease is awful. Diagnosed 32 years ago, and I still hate it. I hate it, I hate it, I HATE IT! My Crohns impacts my small intestine (the ileum), which currently has a blockage and food cannot pass. Imagine a water hose filled with cement except for a single, miniscule pinhole. All the water back up, causing pressure, while water slowly,  continuously flows out of the pinhole.  That's me, right now. Laying around hugging my knees from the pain, wearing a diaper for the leakage.

There is no way to predict when a Crohn's attack will occur, nor how long it will last. Causes include spicy foods, lettuce, peanuts, and strangely for me, frappicinos ( I call them “crappicinios"). Surgically removing the blocked area is common, but since the blockage can impact another part of the intestine, I always refuse surgery. The small intestine is 20 feet long, so if I had the blockage removed every time I get sick, I won't have a small intestine and would need a drainage bag. You can read more information on Healthline and searching for Crohn's Disease.
For me, there is a direct correlation between stress/emotions and Crohn's. Having commitments stress me out, even commitments I want to attend.  Also, there's a few interpersonal conflicts occurring with me as I grow into my next chapter.

More soon. For now, I need a nap.

Don't forget to click on the right hand link of thewritingtherapist.blogspot.com to donate for me to get a needed puppy to train before Jireh retires. Thank you.

No comments: